|Photo credit: footballbabble.com|
PointsPlus per serving: 10
- 3 cups whole wheat pasta
- 1 (10 oz) package of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1-10 3/4 oz can of reduced fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cups reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (3 1/2 oz) package turkey pepperoni, (roughly chopped)
- 6 ounces green olives (pitted and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta as directed. Drain and set aside.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook the mushrooms, bell pepper and onion over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the turkey and cook until browned.
- Add garlic and Italian seasoning. Once you smell the garlic wafting up, immediately add the spaghetti sauce. This will keep the garlic from burning. Trust me, burnt garlic is awful!
- Add the spaghetti sauce, soup, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, and the noodles.
- Spoon into the baking dish.
- Bake, covered, until hot, about 30-40 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheddar and remaining ingredients, and bake an additional 5-10 minutes.